In this guide we will show you how to process Trello JSON files with the enterprise version Flexter and convert it to SQL Server.
Trello is a web-based project management application originally made by Fog Creek Software in 2011, that was spun out to form the basis of a separate company in 2014 and later sold to Atlassian in January 2017.
Microsoft SQL Server is a relational database management system developed by Microsoft. As a database server, it is a software product with the primary function of storing and retrieving data as requested by other software applications—which may run either on the same computer or on another computer across a network (including the Internet).
Setting up SQL Server
- First we connect to the server through SSMS
- Then we create a new Database
- We name our new DB ‘flexter’
- Then we go to Secutity under Databases and me make a New Login
- We select SQL Server authentication and put our Login name and Password. Under ‘Default Database’ we select ‘flexter’
- Then under ‘User Mapping’ we mark ‘flexter’ and ‘db_owner’ and click OK
- And now we can start processing the file
Processing Trello JSON file
We will be using the Docker Version of Enterprise Flexter on Localhost.
- We run docker with the below command and create a container that will be destroyed when we exit it
docker run --rm -it -v c:/users/kris:/mnt/data/ d1.sonra.io:5000/flexter-local --network=”host”
- Next we generate the Logical Schema ID
json2er -g1 /mnt/data/Desktop/trello.json
- We now extract our data to SQL Server
json2er -l1 -o jdbc:localhost://your_ip:1433;-u <user_name> -p <password> -f csv -S o /mnt/data/Desktop/trello.json
- And now we can see our data
In this post, we have shown you how to convert complex JSON to CSV and then upload them to MS SQL Server.
You can also use the free version of Flexter to convert your JSON files to text and load them to SQL Server.
If you are interested in a downloadable trial version of Flexter please reach out.
In this video we show how you can use the free version of Flexter to convert Trello JSON to SQL Server