Converting XML to Text in Flexter. Wrangling with the Output in Trifacta
In this video we will show you how Flexter's powerful XML Converter and Trifacta's powerful data preparation tool work hand in hand to liberate and analyse data that is locked away in obscure XML files.
One of the great things about Trifacta is that they have a free personal edition for download. This makes it the perfect match for wrangling and analysing the output from Flexter.
In the video we go through the following sequence of steps
- Upload some complex ISO 20022 XML files to the free version of Flexter
- Convert the XML to text files (Tab Separated Values, TSV)
- Import the text files to Trifacta
- Join the data in Trifacta
- Export the joined data to CSV
You can download the ISO 20022 XML files that we use in the video from our website.
Which data formats apart from XML also give you the heebie jeebies and need to be liberated? Please leave a comment below or reach out to us.